Security is a crucial aspect of website hosting. Every website that is published online is a prospective target for malware and hacking attacks. But online security doesn’t rely on just one tool or software; it has multiple layers. Each layer has a specific purpose and strengthens the overall security. Website backup is one such layer that’s highly underrated by site owners. Some of them don’t even bother about backups.
But it leaves a gaping hole in a website’s security. It is the last line of defence against cyberthreats. If any of the attackers get through and takes down the website, a backup is the only way to retrieve your lost data. CodeGuard is a feature-packed website backup service that automatically backs up your site. It then stores the website backup online for easy retrieval.
Let’s see how CodeGuard website backup helps secure your data.
What is CodeGuard?
CodeGuard is a website backup service that automatically backs up your site data at pre-set intervals. But it goes one step further and monitors and tracks all changes that happen in your website. It notifies the website administrator of these changes and then incorporates them in the next backup. It stores all the backup data at a remote location which makes it easy to restore in case of an emergency.
It works in four easy steps.
- It connects with your website during the initial setup.
- It then takes an initial backup which serves as a baseline for all future backups.
- It then starts monitoring your site for changes, tracks them and notifies you if it finds malware.
- Finally, it helps in restoring data if the situation calls for it.
While these four steps form the core functionality of CodeGuard, it has a number of features that make it a swiss knife of website security.
Features of Codeguard
- Easy Setup – Setting up CodeGuard on your site is an easy process and doesn’t need technical know-how. You need to connect two things with CodeGuard: SFTP and MySQL.
- Automatic Site Backup – CodeGuard will create automatic backups after every change you make on your website. It gives you more granular control over your backup data.
- Daily Monitoring – CodeGuard monitors your website daily for changes and notifies you if it finds any. This way, you can easily rollback any unintended changes.
- Website Restore – Whenever CodeGuard backs up your website data, it stores the file off-site but also gives you an option to download the file onto your system.
- MalwareGone – CodeGuard includes a malware cleanup tool that finds and fixes any threats automatically. It also notifies you about the threat via email.
- Infinite Backups – By default, CodeGuard stores all backed up files for 90 days. But you can change it if you want to store your backups indefinitely.
- Encrypted Backups – CodeGuard uses the AES 256-bit technique to encrypt all your data backups for an additional layer of security.
- Mobile Access – CodeGuard is a mobile-friendly backup service that allows you to manage all the aspects of your backup management from mobile devices.
- Website Migration – If you’re migrating your website to a different server, CodeGuard makes it seamless.
Backups are highly underrated. But when you backup your website, you create a failsafe against data loss.
You can also check out the following video that explains three ways to backup your website: